Thursday, April 3, 2014

Twisted updo | Protective Style for Dreadlocks

Inspired Dreadlock twisted updo.



In the pursuit of always finding different hairstyles to manipulate my dreadlocks in, I was inspired by a few pins i saw on Pintrest with dreadlock hairstyles. 

I call this hairstyle a twisted up-do. It's a blend of double strand twists, flat twists and then creating a funky "pompadour like" up-do. I started out with freshly washed a re-twisted dreads. 

To create this style I placed my hair in 3 sections as though I was going to put my dreads in large ponytails. Two equal sections in the back and one section in the front. I flat twisted the two back sections going back then double strand twisted the remaining dreads and securing them with black rubber bands. In the front section I only double strand twisted and secured them with rubber bands on the ends.


 Once that was done, I attempted a basket weave going up towards the front of my head. As seen to the left. After that I just tucked and wrapped my hair into the shape that I wanted it to be. Great thing about this style I only used 5 bobby pins to secure my hair.


The majority of the hair is tucked into the "basket weave".  It took longer to re-twist my hair than to put it in this style. Check out @chescalocs, @junglebarbie, and my video below  for more inspired dreadlock hairstyle looks.

















This was Afrikah Prepsective

Stay Blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment